Tuesday, November 2, 2010
TerraPower's New Website
TerraPower has a new website promoting the development of its future Traveling Wave Reactor which in theory could utilize spent fuel, depleted uranium, and thorium to produce nuclear energy for commercial use.
Using the Traveling Wave Reactor, TerraPower hopes to develop nuclear reactors that never have to be refueled and are capable of utilizing the world's depleted uranium stockpile which would be able to produce hundreds of trillions of dollars of electricity for utilities and for synfuel production. With a US depleted uranium stockpile of nearly 500,000 tonnes, the US has enough depleted uranium to pay off its national debt (approximately $14 trillion) several times over.
The new TerraPower website is located at:
Watch these interesting videos to learn more about the potential of the Traveling Wave Reactor.
Traveling Wave Nuclear Power Videos
Fueling Our Nuclear Future
Marcel F. Williams
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (34)
- ► 2015 (26)
- ► 2014 (32)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (62)
- The End of the Shuttle Program
- Dolphins Looking at Their Own Reflections
- Thanksgiving Message from ISS Crew
- So Much for International Cooperation in Space
- A Republican Warns about Climate Change
- Two Retired GM Engineers Test Drive the Chevy Volt...
- Chevy Volt Named Motor Trend 2011 Car of the Year
- Energy, Environment, and the US Military
- Doomsday Asteroid
- The TVA Could be the First to Have Mini-Nuclear Po...
- The Moon, Mars, or Asteroids: The Future of Extrat...
- NASA's Next Heavy Lift Vehicle?
- The President's Common Sense Tax Proposal
- TerraPower's New Website
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2009 (74)
Links and References New Policy Directs NASA to Return Astronauts to Moon New Space Policy Directive Calls for Human Expansion Across...
Nuclear Synfuel Economy The Methanol Economy Gasoline from Air & Water
Notional MADV on the surface of Mars (Credit: Lockheed Martin) by Marcel F. Williams At the 68th International Astronautical Congress...
On Space Exploration, Radiation and Monkeys!
TVA's Long-range plans focus on nuclear power Nuclear rises, coal recedes in TVA long-term plan TVA's Integrated Resource Plan...