Could this be the way private companies launch manned vehicles into orbit someday?
- Private companies could take advantage of equatorial launch sites anywhere in the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans
- Passengers could reach an equatorial launch facility in less than two weeks via ship or a few hours via sea plane.
- The ocean site could also be used to recover a manned space capsule returning to Earth
- Cryogenic oxygen and rocket fuel could be shipped to launch sites from coastal areas
- Could be a boon for coastal areas in the US since the rocket booster would be shipped from coastal ports before being transported to equatorial launch sites.